Sale of Goods Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which Goods are sold by Us through this website, www.partytoyourdoor.co.uk (“Our Site”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Goods from Our Site. You will be required to read and accept these Terms and Conditions when ordering Goods. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you will not be able to order Goods through Our Site. These Terms and Conditions, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
- Definitions and Interpretation
1.1 In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Contract”||means a contract for the purchase and sale of Goods|
|“Order Confirmation”||means our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;|
|“Goods”||means the goods sold by Us through Our Site;|
|“Order”||means your order for Goods;|
Means Party to your door, a partnership company registered in England, whose registered address is 78 Cromwell Road, Brentwood, CM145DZ
|“Client”||Is the consumer. The person we ‘party to your door’ has made a contract with, who are purchasing our products|
- Information About Us
Our Site, www.partytoyourdoor.co.uk, is owned and operated by Party to Your Door, a partnership company registered in England whose registered address is 78 Cromwell Road, Brentwood.
- Access to and Use of Our Site
3.1 Access to Our Site is free of charge.
3.2 It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
3.3 Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
T&C’s FOR PARTY BOXES AND PRODUCTS
- Age Restrictions
4.1 Consumers may only purchase Goods through Our Site if they are at least 18 years of age.
5 Product Age Restrictions and Usage
5.1 Where appropriate, products will clearly state any age restrictions. It is the client’s responsibility to read the instructions and ensure child safety. Some products may contain small parts, it is the client’s responsibility to supervise children appropriately and use the product correctly. We will not take responsibility for any injury or harm caused through incorrect use
5.2 We will take responsibility for faulty goods which may cause injury. However, we will not take responsibility where product misuse has caused harm or injury. Again it is the client’s responsibility to clearly read instructions and use in a correct way
- Goods, Pricing and Availability
6.1 We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Goods available from Us correspond to the actual Goods. Please note, however, the following:
- 1.1 Images of Goods are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions;
- 1.2 Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of Goods may vary.
6.2 Please note that sub-Clause 6.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Goods, not to different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 9 if you receive incorrect Goods (i.e. Goods that are not as described).
6.3 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size, model, colour, theme and number of the Goods that you are purchasing.
6.4 We neither represent nor warrant that Goods will be available. Stock indications are provided on Our Site, however such indications may not be accurate due to a high turnover of products.
6.5 We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed (please note sub-Clause 5.8 regarding VAT, however).
6.6 All prices are checked by Us when We process your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, please note the following:
- 6.1 If the correct price is lower, than the price that was incorrectly displayed at the time you placed your Order, we will process your Order at the lower price.
- 6.2 If the correct price is higher, than the price that was incorrectly displayed at the time you placed you Order, we will contact you in writing before proceeding with your Order. We will inform you of the mistake and ask you how you wish to proceed. We will give you the option to purchase the Goods at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof). We will not proceed with processing your Order until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 7 days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of the same in writing.
6.7 In the event that the price of Goods you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
6.8 All prices on Our Site include VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
6.9 Delivery charges are not included in the price of Goods on Our Site. For more information on delivery charges, please refer to Our Delivery & Returns page. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
- Delivery, Risk and Ownership
7.1 All Goods purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within 5 working days unless otherwise agreed (subject to delays caused by events outside of Our control, for which see Clause 17).
7.2 If the courier is unable to deliver the Goods on the delivery date (if, for example, no one is available at your address to receive the Goods) they will leave a call card. This card has the details of the options available to you. To summarise the options they are:
1) Your parcel may have been left in an appropriate safe location around your property e.g. your porch, or with one of your neighbours. If so, the card should have these details for you.
2) If the parcel could not be left in a safe location or with one of your neighbours the courier will re-attempt delivery on the next working day. Alternatively you can arrange to have your parcel re-delivered on another day, or you may be able to collect it from the depot. 7.3 In the unlikely event that We fail to deliver the Goods within 5 working days of placing your order (unless otherwise agreed as under sub-Clause 7.1), if any of the following apply you may cancel your Order immediately:
- 3.1 We have refused to deliver your Goods; or
- 3.2 In light of all relevant circumstances, delivery within that time period was essential; or
- 3.3 You told Us when ordering the Goods that delivery within that time period was essential.
7.4 If you do not wish to cancel under sub-Clause 7.3 or if none of the specified circumstances apply, you may specify a new (reasonable) delivery date. If We fail to meet the new deadline, you may then cancel your Order.
7.5 You may cancel all or part of your Order under sub-Clauses 7.3 or 7.4 provided that separating the Goods in your Order would not significantly reduce their value. Any sums that you have already paid for cancelled Goods and their delivery will be refunded to you. Please note that if any cancelled Goods are delivered to you, you must return them to Us or arrange with Us for their collection. In either case, We will bear the cost of returning the cancelled Goods.
7.6 Delivery shall be deemed complete once We have delivered the Goods to the address provided in your Order.
7.7 The risk in the Goods shall remain with Us until they come into your physical possession.
- Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
8.1 By law, We must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information We have provided, and that match any samples or models that you have seen or examined (unless We have made you aware of any differences). If any digital content is included in the Goods, that digital content must also conform. If any Goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect Goods, please contact Us as soon as reasonably possible to inform Us of the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund, repair or replacement.
8.2 Beginning on the day that you receive the Goods (and ownership of them) you have a 30 Calendar Day right to reject the Goods and to receive a full refund if they do not conform as stated above. Alternatively, you may request a repair of the Goods or a replacement. We will bear any associated costs and will carry out the repair or replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you. In certain circumstances, where a repair or replacement is impossible or otherwise disproportionate, We may instead offer you a full refund
8.3 Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this Clause 8 if We informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the Goods before your purchase of the them (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them); if you have purchased the Goods for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to Us and the problem has resulted from your use of the Goods for that purpose; or if the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse or intentional or careless damage. Please also note that you may not return Goods to Us under this Clause 8 merely because you have changed your mind. If you are a consumer in the European Union you have a legal right to a 14 calendar day cooling off period within which you can return Goods for this reason. Please refer to Clause 9 for more details.
8.4 To return Goods to Us for any reason under this Clause 8, please email us via email@example.com. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning Goods under this Clause 8 and will reimburse you where appropriate.
8.5 Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause 8 will be issued within 14 Calendar Days of the day on which We agree that you are entitled to the refund.
8.6 Any and all refunds issued under this Clause 8 will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Goods were originally purchased.
9.7 For further information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- Cancelling and Returning Goods if You Change Your Mind
9.1 If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a “cooling off” period within which you can cancel the Contract for any reason. This period begins once your Order is complete and you have received your goods, i.e. when the Contract between you and Us is formed.
- 1.1 If the Goods are being delivered to you in a single instalment (whether single or multiple items), the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the Goods.
- 1.2 If the Goods are being delivered in separate instalments on separate days, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the final instalment of Goods.
9.2 If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this Clause 9, you must inform Us of your decision within the cooling off period. Please email us at the below email address, stating your name, address, order number and order date. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9.3 We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our Goods and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
9.4 Please note that you may lose your legal right to cancel under this Clause 9 in the following circumstances:
- 4.1 If the Goods are sealed for health or hygiene reasons and you have unsealed those Goods after receiving them;
- 4.2 If the Goods consist of sealed audio or video recordings (e.g. CD or DVD) or sealed computer software and you have unsealed the Goods after receiving them;
- 4.3 If the Goods have been inseparably mixed with other items (according to their nature) after you have received them.
9.5 Please ensure that you return Goods to Us no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you have informed Us that you wish to cancel under this Clause 9.
9.6 You may return Goods to Us by post or another suitable delivery service of your choice to Our returns address at 78 Cromwell Road, Brentwood, CM145DZ. Please note that you must bear the costs of returning Goods to Us if cancelling under this Clause 9.
9.7 Refunds under this Clause 9 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the following:
- 7.1 The day on which We receive the Goods back;
- 7.2 If We have not yet dispatched the Goods, the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel the Contract.
9.8 Refunds under this Clause 9 may be subject to deductions in the following circumstances:
9.9 Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the Goods resulting from your excessive handling of them. For the purposes of this Clause 9, “excessive handling” means any more handling than is reasonable required to ascertain the nature and characteristics of the Goods in question (e.g. no more than would be permitted in a shop). Please note that if We issue a refund before We have received the Goods and have had a chance to inspect them, We may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if We find that the Goods have been handled in a way that would otherwise entitle Us to reduce your refund.
9.10 Refunds under this Clause 9 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods. T&C’S FOR CATERING
- Confirming the Booking 10.1 Confirmation’ (“Confirmation”) will mean any verbal, electronic or written acceptance of this booking by BOTH the Client and the The Catering Company.
10.2 All Bookings take effect immediately upon Confirmation. Deposit payable of 100% is due upon booking
11.Cancellations 11.1 Cancellation by the Client: In the event that the Client cancels the Booking, the Client agrees to inform Party To Your Door immediately. Via email@example.com. Please state full name, party date and order number
11.2 Cancellation by the Client less than 7 days prior to the engagement (regardless of when the order was placed) will result in a cancellation charge of 50% of the total booking fee made payable to Party To Your Door by the Client
11.3 Cancellation by the Catering Company: Cancellation by the Catering Company will not happen unless covered by ‘Force Majeure’ see clause 17
12.Change in party details 12.1 Once your order has gone through we will be in contact to discuss the location and best delivery time and date. If this location is outside of our delivery area which we ask the client checks before placing the order via our postcode checker, then we may have to cancel your order . We will offer you a full refund for this
12.2 If the client wants to change the original date and time discussed in clause 12.1, we will need at least 7 days’ notice prior to the original date. Any date changes which are made less than 1 week prior to the original date may result in us cancelling your order and a 50% charge of the total catering cost
12.3 Likewise, if the client wants to change their location from the one which was originally discussed (see clause 12.1). The same rules apply as in clause 12.2 and we will need at least 1 weeks’ notice prior to the arranged delivery date. Any location changes with less than 1 weeks’ notice maybe result in us cancelling your order and a 50% charge on the total catering cost
12.4 If the location changes and it is outside of our delivery area and we have not been given at least 1 weeks’ notice then it may result in us cancelling your order and a 50% charge on the total catering cost
- If the client is unhappy with the quality of the catering provided then they must notify Party to your door within 24 hours from receipt of the food via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The client will then be contacted to try and resolve the issue
T&C’S FOR BOTH CATERING AND PARTY BOXES
14.1 Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order to Us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
14.2 If We, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, We will not process your Order and inform you of this in writing (including email). If We have taken payment, any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as reasonably possible.
15.1 Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process. Your chosen payment method will be charged immediately.
15.2 We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
- 2.1 Debit card;
- 2.2 Credit card;
- 2.3 PayPal;
- Our Liability to Consumers
16.1 We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of Our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of Our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and Us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
16.2 We only supply Goods for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the Goods are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
16.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of Your legal rights, please refer to Your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
17.1 We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
17.2 If any event described under this Clause 17 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions:
17.2.1 We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- 2.2 Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- 2.3 We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Goods as necessary;
- 2.4 If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 days We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled;
- 2.5 If an event outside of Our control continues for more than 14 days and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled.
- 2.6 If the contract is cancelled by you or by Us under this Clause 17, any relevant Goods that must be returned will be returned at Our expense (with Us reimbursing you where appropriate).
- Communication and Contact Details
18.1 For general enquires, matters relating to Goods / your Order, or matters relating to cancellations please contact Us by email:
- Complaints and Feedback
19.1 We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
19.2 If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us on: Email: email@example.com
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
20.1 All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name, address and telephone number) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
20.2 We may use your personal information to:
- 2.1 Provide Our Goods and services to you;
- 2.2 Process your Order (including payment) for the Goods; and
- 2.3 Inform you of new products and/or services available from Us (if you opt or have previously opted to receive it). You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
20.3 We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- Other Important Terms
21.1 We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
21.2 You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission
21.3 The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions
21.4 If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable
21.5 failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision
21.6 We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these Terms and Conditions as they relate to your Order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them. If you do opt to cancel, you must return any affected Goods you have already received and we will arrange for a full refund (including delivery charges) which will be paid within 14 days of your cancellation.
- Law and Jurisdiction
22.1 These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
22.2 If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
A deposit is taken to secure your booking and please be aware that deposits are non refundable.
We reserve the right to cancel due to extreme weather conditions or any other unforceen circumstance. We will give you back your deposit if this happens.
We reserve the right to refuse a hire for any reason where we feel that health and safety laws will be broken and or where the safety of participants will be compromised. Safety is our number 1 priority.
The indemnity granted to the supplier under their Public Liability Policy will not apply in connection with the legal liability for claims arising out of injury to persons, or damage to property, where these terms and conditions are not observed. I the above named and the Undersigned hereby agree to the following terms and conditions of this contract for the duration of the hire period stated above. I understand the following
- Party to your door Ltd is not responsible for any injury or damage incurred by persons or property during the hire period.
- I am responsible for any loss or damage to the above equipment and I am to ensure it is collected in the same condition as it was delivered.
- I may be charged for loss of revenue if the equipment is returned unfit for hire or cannot be returned at the specified collection time.
- The supplier should determine the minimum number of attendants needed to operate the device safely; you should ensure that at least this number is on duty when the device is in operation.
- Alcohol- It is required that the supervisor allow that no persons under the influence of alcohol be allowed to use the equipment at any time.
- Weather – The above equipment has been designed for use indoor / outdoor conditions. However, when wet the equipment may become slippery and therefore increase the possibility of injury to the users. In such cases the equipment should not be used and party to your door cannot take responsibility for any injury that may accrue
- Responsibility for loss / damage – The principle hirer accepts full and complete responsibility for all loss or damage to the equipment whilst it is
- Problems or faults must be reported party to your door; under no circumstances should repairs be attempted. Children’s equipment is not safe and is not designed to be used by adults.
- Adult supervision must be kept at all times when the equipment is in use
Hirers / Supervisors Responsibility 1. Ensure that all users remove their footwear (except socks ) and any other hard, sharp or dangerous objects from their persons such as buckles, pens, purses etc., Spectacles are best removed. 2. Larger or more boisterous children should be segregated from small ones and a number of users at any one time should be limited to that figure, which allows each user enough room to play safely,
Company VAT No. – 274 391877